The 2013 ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference is coming to the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, ending its three-year run at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort. The conference runs from September 9-11, 2013 and I will be there to present a breakout session and take part in a panel discussion with my Diversified Semantic Layer cohorts Eric Vallo, Jamie Oswald, and Greg Myers. EV Technologies is helping sponsor this year’s event. Several of my co-workers will be presenting breakout sessions and we are planning to have some awesome announcements and demonstrations from our booth in the partner showcase.
The Shift to the Network of Truth
a Diversified Semantic Layer Panel Discussion
Monday, September 09, 2013: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Session Code 0705
Trends and Strategy/Roadmaps and Product Direction track
Recent technologies in the SAP BI portfolio have created a shift away from the long-held concept of the single version of the truth towards the network of truth. SAP BusinessObjects customers from the last 20 or so years have the perspective that the universe is the driver towards the single version of the truth. The Diversified Semantic Layer crew revisit this topic and hopefully spark some lively discussion around this perceived paradigm change.
- What is the Network of Truthiness anyway?
- How does the Network of Truth change our way of thinking?
- Can the Network of Truth and Single Version of the Truth coexist?
Analytic Storytelling with Web Intelligence: Using the right visualization for your data
Wednesday, September 11, 2013: 8:45 AM – 9:45 AM
Session Code 1210
Web Intelligence track
There’s a story in your corporate data, but sometimes it needs an analytic storyteller to bring that story to life. SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.0 introduced a new charting engine, several new chart types, and a redesigned workflow for creating charts. In this session, learn not only how to use Web Intelligence charts but when to use them by applying best practices for the display of quantitative information on desktops, tablets, and smartphones. Attendees will:
- Discover Web Intelligence 4.0/4.1 charting capabilities
- Learn best practices for displaying quantitative information
- Review special considerations for tablets and smartphones
- Official ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference web site
- Diversified Semantic Layer web site
- EV Technologies at the 2013 ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference
Are you attending the 2013 ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference?