Join me for deep dives into SAP Lumira and SAP IQ.
Join me this February 27 – March 2, 2017 in Orlando, Florida at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort for SAP Insider BI 2017, the definitive conference for professionals who use and support SAP BusinessObjects BI, SAP BW, and SAP analytics solutions.
This year I will be presenting two sessions – the full conference agenda is available on the conference web site.
SAP BusinessObjects Lumira integration with the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform: What BI administrators need to know.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm, room Asia 3
Learn how to add SAP BusinessObjects Lumira support to your existing SAP BusinessObjects BI landscape, and deploy to your user community with confidence. By attending, you will:
- Learn how to install, size, and configure the SAP BusinessObjects Lumira in-memory database engine on your existing SAP BusinessObjects BI landscape
- See step-by-step how to configure security and govern SAP BusinessObjects Lumira desktops from the BI platform
- Explore which SAP BusinessObjects Lumira capabilities are supported in mobile BI and which ones are not
- Best practices for monitoring the SAP BusinessObjects Lumira engine for peak performance
How SAP IQ can accelerate your existing data warehouse with minimal effort
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, room Northern E-4
SAP has amended the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 license to include 1 license of SAP PowerDesigner, 8 cores of SAP Data Integrator, and 8 cores of SAP IQ. Discover how this “data warehouse in a box” solution can accelerate your existing data warehouse with minimal effort, and how to lead a pilot project to determine the feasibility of migrating to the SAP IQ platform. Learn how to:
- Use SAP PowerDesigner to automatically recreate existing data warehouse schema DDL from the current platform to SAP IQ
- Use SAP Data Integrator to move a snapshot of the existing data warehouse to SAP IQ
- Modify an existing universe to use SAP IQ with minimal disruption to downstream SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence content
- Benchmark the old and new solution to determine ROI
Attendees will be able to take home a project plan to manage their own SAP IQ pilot.
Register by January 27 and SAVE $550! BI 2017 is co-located with Basis & SAP Administration 2017 and HANA 2017. Your registration will allow you access sessions across all 3 events at no additional cost.
Presentation downloads for all sessions are available to conference attendees from the SAP Insider web site.
I will be speaking about the latest SAP innovations in analytics at the next Pittsburgh BusinessObjects User Group (PGHBOUG) on Thursday, December 1, 2016.
What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2 provides a wealth of new enhancements whether you are a user, developer or administrator. This session will focus on innovations as seen through the eyes of a business user who uses Web Intelligence or Lumira on a regular basis. We’ll also unpack the benefits of adopting the Information Design Tool for universe design and SAP IQ for accelerating your existing data warehouse architecture.
SAP Lumira: What BI Administrators Need to Know
Learn how to add SAP Lumira support to your existing SAP BI or Edge landscape. See several of Lumira’s unique features for trusted data discovery and deploy to your user community with confidence.
• Learn how to install, size, and configure the SAP Lumira in-memory database engine on your existing SAP BI landscape
• See step-by-step how to configure security and govern SAP Lumira desktops from the BI platform
• Learn which Lumira capabilities are supported in Mobile BI and which ones aren’t
• Adopt best practices for monitoring the SAP Lumira engine for peak performance
• Understand how SAP Lumira and Design Studio will converge with their 2.0 releases
It’s been over four years since I’ve been at a Pittsburgh meeting and am looking forward to sampling some pierogis and local craft brews. Visit the Pittsburgh BusinessObjects User Group web site for meeting location, directions and other details.
Join me and my friends at SAP Insider’s Reporting & Analytics 2016 INTERACTIVE conference.
Join me at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida on November 2-4, 2016 at SAP Insider’s Reporting & Analytics 2016 INTERACTIVE conference. I’ll be there with my co-workers, Chris Bushmeyer and Eric Vallo (see the full EV Technologies speaking roster here). I’m giving two presentations about Web Intelligence and will be sharing the latest visualization enhancements included in the latest SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.2 Support Pack 3 release.
Leverage the newest capabilities of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence to create powerful visualizations for your data
Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM, room TBD
There’s a story in your corporate data, but sometimes it needs an analytic storyteller to bring that story to life. SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.0 introduced a new charting engine, several new chart types, and a redesigned workflow for creating charts. In this session, we’ll look at the features in the latest 4.2 release. Learn not only how to use Web Intelligence charts but when to use them by applying best practices for the display of quantitative information on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Discover Web Intelligence 4.2 charting capabilities, including new geolocation charts
- Learn best practices for displaying quantitative information
- Review special considerations for tablets and smartphones
Making mobile magic with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
Friday, November 4, 2016 @ 10:30 – 11:45 AM, room TBD
Ready for mobile business intelligence? This comprehensive session teaches you how to create new SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence reports and tailor existing reports for tablet and smartphone devices. Learn how to configure the BI platform to be mobile-ready as you learn:
- Techniques to master new mobile-exclusive capabilities, like graphs and scorecards
- Important differences between card view and page view
- Using publications to distribute personalized content to users via their mobile devices
Download the presentation slides and sample downloads from the SAP Insider web site.
Image credit: Rosen Shingle Creek