Fixpack 1 released for Xcelsius 2008 SP1 – an update

In a previous post, I had indicated that my initial reaction to Fixpack 1 was mixed. Although some of my existing dashboards using QaaWS needed some minor, but unexpected, tweaking. However, I started a new dashboard from scratch on Monday and am happy to report that I’ve encountered no unusual issues. Plus, I’m sooooo happy that my selector components populated by QaaWS no longer show “undefined” for blank cells, a bug introduced with Xcelsius 2008 SP1 but corrected in Xcelsius 2008 SP1 FP1.

I’ve noticed that the description entered into the Xcelsius document properties (File->Document Properties) still do not show up in the InfoView description field when either XLF or SWF files are exported to the Business Objects platform. Perhaps nobody has reported the issue, so maybe I’ll slog through the SAP Support Site and post a “message”.

In other news, I’m happy to report that BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 on 32-bit Windows is behaving much better than BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 on 64-bit Windows. We’ve brought up a development server and soon will be upgrading our existing “production” server (more of a pilot for now). Once we have 2 systems on XI 3.1, we’ll start using the new LifeCycle Manager. I’ll have more to say about XI 3.1 and LCM in a future post.

Author: Dallas Marks

I am a business intelligence architect, author, and trainer. I help organizations harness the power of analytics, primarily with SAP BusinessObjects products. An active blogger, SAP Mentor and co-author of the SAP Press book SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence: The Comprehensive Guide, I prefer piano keyboards over computer keyboards when not blogging or tweeting about business intelligence.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.