Today, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, is the day Apple officially releases its latest mobile OS, iOS 10, to the public. Although SAP’s recently acquired Roambi apps received iOS 10 updates yesterday, we’re still waiting for an iOS 10 compatible update for the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI app, which historically arrives about a week after Apple updates its OS. It’s likely that Apple may have some iOS 10.1 fixes ready by then.
Today is a good day to remind your SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI users that they should avoid updating to iOS 10 until all of your organization’s mission-critical apps support it.
Today is a good day to remind your support staff to confirm the iOS version during any support calls, as there are frequently small glitches that occur until vendors release a fix for the latest Apple mobile OS.
And lastly, if you haven’t yet implemented a mobile BI strategy, it’s time to take a fresh look at both SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI and SAP BusinessObjects Roambi, which are complementary, not competitive solutions from SAP.
UPDATE: SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI version 6.4.13 was released September 16, 2016 with iOS 10 support (see related SCN article, SAP BusinessObjects Mobile now supports iOS 10). Assuming your other enterprise mobile apps are ready for iOS 10, feel free to update your iPhones and iPads.
- Download SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI in the Apple App Store
- Download SAP BusinessObjects Roambi Analytics in the Apple App Store
- Download SAP BusinessObjects Roambi Flow in the Apple App Store
- SAP Note 2364630 – SAP BusinessObjects Roambi iOS Flow 9.1.4 release information
- SAP Note 2364661 – SAP BusinessObjects Roambi Analytics iOS 9.1.4 release information
- Is SAP Mobile BI Ready for iOS 8?
- Is SAP Mobile BI Ready for iOS 7?
- Today is iOS 6 Day, but not for you