Join me at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 29 – December 1, 2017 for Reporting & Analytics 2017 INTERACTIVE, just one of the four events SAP Insider has organized. The event is co-located with Managing your SAP Projects 2017, Cybersecurity for SAP Customers 2017, and SAP Cloud Platform Seminar. Your registration will allow you access sessions across all 4 events at no additional cost.
Secrets of a Business Intelligence Barista
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 / 4:20 PM – 5:20 PM / Location TBD
Attend this session to learn how you can build a team that is both business-savvy and tech-savvy while looking to the neighborhood coffee shop for inspiration. You’ll be better prepared to build better BI solutions “from the grounds up” by putting the right BI tools on the menu, providing both instant (self-service) and barista (IT-supported) offerings, rewarding your best customers, and giving passionate customer support. By attending, you learn:
- How to create a “third place” between a business user’s cubicle and the IT department
- Methods to map business requirements to their appropriate “quadrant”
- Why the “self-service BI” quadrant isn’t necessarily the “magic” quadrant
- How to teach these principles in your organization
Take home a sample quadrant diagram to map existing users and applications.
Best Practices for Managing Universe Design Projects
Thursday, November 30, 2017 / 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM / Location TBD
A well-designed universe is the foundation for a successful business intelligence project and satisfied users, but many universe design projects are doomed before a developer opens the Information Design Tool. A successful universe relies on effective project management as much as technical skill. This session is designed for non-technical BI managers and analysts as well as seasoned universe designers and will share best practices for each stage of the universe lifecycle. You will:
- Gain a detailed understanding of project objectives for each stage of the universe design lifecycle — Prepare, analyze, plan, implement, test, deploy, and maintain
- Learn key questions that project managers should be asking at each of the 7 lifecycle stages
- Apply lessons from agile methodology such as breaking a large universe project into multiple smaller sprints and paired programming