Just in time for Christmas, Xcelsius 2008 SP3 arrived this week. Timo Elliott has an excellent summary of its new features and Ryan Goodman picks his top 10 enhancements. Service Pack 3 is intended to keep everyone sated until the next major release of Xcelsius arrives next year, presumably with the rest of the BusinessObjects Enterprise suite. The software is a full build, meaning that either you or the installation program will uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. I encountered a minor known issue with the Xcelsius.msi but was able to resolve it after reading the release notes.
- Xcelsius 2008 SP3 download (SAP Service Marketplace)
- What’s Fixed in Xcelsius 2008 SP3
- What’s New in Xcelsius 2008 SP3
- Xcelsius 2008 Installation Guide
- Xcelsius 2008 SP3 Release Notes
- Xcelsius 2008 SP3 User Guide
UPDATE: I found the documentation (including the files missing on the SAP Help Portal) in
Hopefully I’ll be able to do some clever things with the new sparkline and bullet charts before January comes around.
Happy holidays, everyone!